DKI Jakarta Provincial Government was initially established under Republic of Indonesia Law No. 2/Pnps of 1961 concerning Regional Government of Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta Raya. In its development to fulfill Jakarta’s development and demand as the State Capital, the Law has undergone several amendments as described below:
- Republic of Indonesia Law No. 15/ Pnps 1963 as Amendment and Addendum of Presidential Decree No. 2 of 1961 on Regional Government of Greater Jakarta.
- Republic of Indonesia Law No. 10 of 1964 regarding Statement of Daerah Khusus Ibukat Jakarta Raya remaining the Capital of Republic of Indonesia.
- Republic of Indonesia Law No. 11 of 1990 regarding Jakarta Special Territory as State Capital Provincial Government composition.
- Republic of Indonesia Law No. 34 of 1999 concerning Jakarta Special Territory as State Capital Provincial Government.
- Republic of Indonesia Law No. 29 of 2007 concerning Jakarta Special Territory Provincial Government as Capital of Republic of Indonesia Nation State.
PD Pasar Jaya
PD Pasar Jaya is established under Governor of Jakarta Decree No. Ib.3 / 2/15/66 dated December 24th, 1966. Afterwards, ratification from Minister of Home Affairs under Decree No. Ekbang 8/8 / 13-305 dated December 23, 1967.
Objectives of PD Pasar Jaya establishment is an effort to improve public efficiency on market aspect in DKI Jakarta as an independent business unit that will encourage greatest benefits for public, also as source of real income for the region.
Subsequently, to upgrade status and legal standing as well as an alignment with the development of the Jakarta, the Governor's resolution is enacted under Regional Law No. 7 of 1982 regarding Perusahaan Daerah Pasar Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta. The Regional Law is ratified under Minister of Home Affairs Decree No. 511231-181 dated April 19, 1983 and was published in DKI Jakarta Gazette No. 34 1983 Series D No. 33. The Law was later amended under DKLI Jakarta Regional Law No. 12 of 1999 regarding Perusahaan Daerah Pasar Jaya DKI Jakarta Province, as announced in DKI Jakarta Provincial Gazette No. 35 of 1999.